City of Kentwood Social Media Policy
The City of Kentwood is committed to serving all community members in a civil and unbiased manner. The City uses its social media pages for the purpose of disseminating information to its residents and the public at large. We ask individuals who comment on our posts to stay respectful and on topic.
We actively monitor our social media pages during business hours and may remove a comment if it violates our social media policy. Please be aware: By posting on the City of Kentwood’s social media pages, you agree to follow the terms described below.
The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law, including but not limited to:
- Discriminatory messages and hateful speech of any kind toward any individual or group, including but not limited to age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Obscene, violent, profane, sexual or harassing language and links to sites containing such content.
- Statements that are defamatory, libelous or knowingly false with reckless disregard for the truth.
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Copyrighted material posted without permission or content that violates the legal ownership interests of another party.
- Personal information such as identification numbers, home addresses, personal phone numbers or email addresses.
- Commercial advertisement, solicitation, or disparagement.
- Comments that are not topically related or out of context to the particular social media post or article being commented on.
- Multiple or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted.
Additionally, the public should not report emergencies on social media. If you have an emergency, need immediate assistance or want to report a crime, call 911.
The City of Kentwood is not responsible for and neither endorses nor opposes comments placed by visitors to its social media pages. Commenters are personally responsible for their own comments, username and any information they post to this page.
The City reserves the right to remove and archive its posts when no longer relevant or timely (e.g., after an event announced has taken place, etc.), and will otherwise remove its posts on a regular schedule as determined by the City.