Kentwood Farmers Market Returns for Summer 2021
Seventh Season to Feature Variety of Goods From 20 Vendors and Special Activities
The Kentwood Farmers Market will return for its seventh season June 3-Aug. 26 with 20 local vendors and a variety of special activities.
The market will take place 4:30-7:30 p.m. each Thursday in front of the Kent District Library – Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch, 4950 Breton Ave. SE.
The market provides the community weekly opportunities to buy a variety of goods ranging from fresh produce, baked goods, syrup and cheese to fresh-cut flowers, coffee and handmade items.
In addition to exploring an array of items for purchase, marketgoers can enjoy free classes and special events before or after shopping. All are also invited to attend Kentwood’s Summer Concert Series, which overlaps with the market’s Thursday evening schedule.
Here’s the full lineup of the free classes, special events and concerts:
- June 3: Yoga class at 6 p.m.
- June 10: Meet and greet with animals from John Ball Zoo at 5 p.m.
- June 17: Makers and Crafters Day 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- June 24: Concert at 7 p.m. – The Soul Syndicate
- July 1: Hip-hop fit class at 6 p.m.
- July 8: Herb demonstration 4:30-7:30 p.m.; concert at 7 p.m. – The Bootstrap Boys
- July 15: Concert at 7 p.m. – Benzing Graves Collective
- July 22: Concert at 7 p.m. – Dalmatian Stone
- July 29: Concert at 7 p.m. – David Gerald
- Aug. 5: Concert at 7 p.m. – The Accidentals
- Aug. 19: Makers and Crafters Day 4:30-7:30 p.m.
“We are looking forward to welcoming community members back to the Farmers Market for another season with a great lineup of vendors and special activities,” Kentwood Recreation Program Coordinator Kristina Colby said. “Please join us this season for fun outdoors connecting with and supporting our local farmers and vendors.”
Marketgoers can stay up to date on special market events and seasonal items by following the Kentwood Farmers Market on Facebook.
There are still a few spots available for vendors. Those who are interested can reserve a spot for $10 per day or $50 for the full season.
More information about the Kentwood Farmers Market, including vendor applications, is available at KentwoodFarmersMarket.com.