62-B District Court Temporarily Closed to General Public
The court is currently closed to the general public through Friday, April 3 except for essential functions relating to health and safety of individuals to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, while safeguarding rights guaranteed by our Constitution. The court is scheduled to reopen Monday, April 6 unless this order is extended.
When the court is in session for essential functions (in-custody matters), Michigan Supreme Court Administrative Order 2020-2, of "no more than 10 persons, including staff, in courtrooms and other spaces, and to practice social distancing and limit court activity"will be in effect. All other functions will be adjourned or scheduled after April 27.
If you need assistance with any of the following matters, please contact the clerk at the telephone number provided.
- Cashiering/Collections: 616.455.2365 or 616.554.0811
- Criminal Division: 616.554.0711 or 616.554.0786
- Probation Department: 616.656.5326
- Traffic Division: 616.554.0812 or 616.554.0811
- Small Claims Division: 616.656.5301
- Landlord Tenant/Summary Proceedings Division: 616.554.0714
- General Civil Division: 616.554.0713
If making a payment you may pay:
- Online at www.kentwood.us
- By calling 1.866.873.9056 or 616.698.9310 anytime
- By mail to 62-B District Court, 4740 Walma Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49512
- Via the after hours drop box located outside the Justice Center to the right of the main doors at 4740 Walma Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49512
If you are filing a civil matter:
- Forms are available on online or contact one of the telephone numbers above to request the appropriate form(s) to be forwarded to you https://courts.michigan.gov/administration/scao/forms/pages/search-for-a-form.aspx
- Mail in your filing with a check to 62-B District Court, 4740 Walma Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49512
- For a list of filing fees, please go online to www.kentwood.us or contact one of the clerks at the above telephone numbers.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. For all updates regarding City of Kentwood operations in response to COVID-19, go to: kentwood.us/COVID.