Kentwood Farmers Market Seeks Vendors for Upcoming Season
The Kentwood Farmers Market is now accepting vendors for its fifth season, set to begin June 1.
The market will take place each Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in front of the Kent District Library – Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch, located at 4950 Breton Road SE. Vendors have the option to sign up for individual dates or for the full season, which will end Oct. 5.
The Farmers Market provides community members the opportunity to buy a variety of goods ranging from produce, baked goods, syrup and cheese, to fresh-cut flowers, coffee and handmade items.
“We are looking forward to welcoming a variety of vendors and continuing to host special events throughout the season,” said Lori Gresnick, Kentwood recreation program coordinator. “The Kentwood Farmers Market is a great opportunity for the community to support local businesses, and likewise, it’s a great way for our local vendors to connect with Kentwood residents and neighbors.”
Upcoming events include the following:
- June 1 - Opening Day will include special giveaways for the first 30 visitors.
- July 20 - Dog Days of Summer will feature vendors who provide specialty pet products.
- Sept. 21 - Kentwood Cares will allow guests to bring nonperishable food donations to support Kentwood’s Little Free Pantry or monetary donations for the Youth Scholarship Fund, which helps low-income youth participate in Kentwood’s recreational programs.
- Aug. 4–10 - National Farmers Market Week will include vendor spotlights on Facebook.
- Oct. 5 - Harvest Celebration will mark the closing day of the season and feature music, games and baked goods.
In its fourth year, Kentwood welcomed 18 vendors throughout the season and nearly 330 customers per market.
Vendors can reserve a spot for $15 per day for $250 for the full season. More information about the Kentwood Farmers Market, including vendor applications, can be found online at www.kentwoodfarmersmarket.com.