Homicide Arrest - January 11 2021
Fugitive Arrest - January 13 2021
Welcome to the website of the Kentwood Police Department in the City of Kentwood, Michigan. The men and women of the Kentwood Police Department continually strive to serve the citizens of Kentwood through a dedication to reducing serious crime, increasing traffic safety, and serving the community with excellence. We appreciate the opportunity to inform and communicate with you. Please navigate through this website to learn more about your community and your Police Department.
UPDATE: The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, or MDHHS, has issued an emergency order that enacts a pause to curb the state’s rising COVID-19 infection rates. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. For all updates regarding City of Kentwood operations in response to COVID-19, go to: kentwood.us/COVID.
The Kentwood Police Department has been closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding COVID-19, and recognizes that proper PPE and social distancing is strongly recommended by the CDC to prevent the spread of the virus. To assist the public during this response with non-emergency calls for service, the Police Department is requesting community members and the public to utilize the Kentwood Police Department's 24/7 CopLogic online reporting service. One can access the online reporting system by clicking here and scrolling to "choose report type".
ALL THOSE ENTERING THE POLICE DEPARTMENT:
- Must wear a mask at all times
- Will have their temperature checked
- Must answer a series of screening questions related to high-risk activities associated with COVID-19
- Fingerprints (Currently Only Processing For Kentwood Residents and Businesses)
- Court Order-ins
- Sex Offender Registry
- License to Purchase Pistol
- Copies of Police Reports
- Investigative Interviews
- Job Interviews
- Mandatory PPE (Gloves, Masks)
- Daily Temperature Scans
- Daily Screening Questions
- Social Distancing of 6 ft
- Frequent Hand Washing / Sanitizing
- Frequent Sanitizing of High Touch Areas
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) report requests can be submitted online or via fax (616)-698-6460. Questions? Call the front desk at 616-698-6580
Accident report requests can be obtained online through LexisNexis® BuyCrash or through Michigan State Police's website https://mdotjboss.state.mi.us/TCPS/login/welcome.jsp
The Kentwood Police Department encourages residents to continue to be vigilant and practice these prevention measures:
- Don’t leave your possessions in plain view in your vehicle or garage, or on your lawn.
- Lock vehicles, doors and windows, and shut garages.
- Be aware of fraud on the internet and only make purchases from reliable vendors. During times like this, some scammers try and take advantage of the situation. If it sounds like too good of a deal, it probably is.
- How to report and prevent against COVID-19 Coronavirus Fraud:
- When packages are delivered, bring them inside as soon as possible.
KPD Donates to the Little Free Pantry
Several members of the Kentwood Police Department recently raised $575 to restock Kentwood’s Little Free Pantry and honored retired Officer Kelly Baldwin, who passed away in February after a lengthy battle with cancer. Captain Stephanie Morningstar led a Pink Ribbon campaign during which department employees got a pink ribbon car magnet honoring their friend and coworker in exchange for a donation to benefit the pantry. The department’s patrol vehicles donned the magnet in October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Captain Morningstar stated that Officer Baldwin was known for going out of her way to help others in need, and thought this would be a special way to honor her and support a good cause. Thank you to all members of the Kentwood Police Department for the generous and thoughtful donation!
SUBMIT AN ANONYMOUS TIP