The Economic Development Office provides businesses and investors with resources and assistance to do business in Kentwood. We coordinate and implement economic development services, which includes:
- Making contact with the business community through business retention and expansion calls, coordinating with The Right Place, Inc. and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC).
- Providing information on state economic development programs that affect the Kentwood business community.
- Reviewing and approving loans to businesses through the Kentwood Economic Development Corporation.
- Educating city officials about economic development issues affecting the City.
- Assisting businesses for programs such as Public Act 198 tax abatements and other incentives.
- Engaging businesses in Kentwood for feedback through regular visits and communications along with the Annual Business Forum.
- Providing support for the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority.