The Little Free Pantry began as a community service project for MLK Day in 2017. Located inside the Kentwood Activities Center (355 48th St. SE), it helps a number of Kentwood families in need.
Second little free pantry Now Open
The City of Kentwood has opened a second Little Free Pantry, at the Kent District Library – Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch, 4950 Breton Ave. SE, for the community to use. Hours are 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday.* Thank you for your support!
*Please note: The Kenwood branch is closed Sundays in summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
How does it work?
- Anyone can give; anyone may take from the Little Free Pantry
- Give: canned goods, non-perishable food, personal care items
- Take: items you need – no application needed, no questions asked
- Donations may be left at the Kentwood Activities Center during normal business hours
- Donations are also accepted at collection bins located at:
- Kentwood City Hall (4900 Breton SE)
- Kentwood Public Works (5068 Breton SE)
- Kentwood Justice Center (4740 Walma SE)
- Kent District Library - Richard L. Root/Kentwood Branch
Shelf stable milk
Cereals (sugar free preferred)
Fruits (canned, no sugar added preferred)
Pasta (whole grain preferred)
Vegetables (canned, no salt added preferred)
Meats (canned, tuna and chicken preferred)
* Please be sure to check the expiration date on food items before bringing them in for donation. Thank you!
Personal Care Items
Crayons, small toys, games