The Little Free Pantry began as a community service project for MLK Day in 2017. Located inside the Kentwood Activities Center (355 48th St. SE), it helps a number of Kentwood families in need.
The Little Free Pantry is currently available by appointment from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Those who would like to utilize the pantry are asked to call ahead to 616.656.5270 set up a time to come in. Upon arrival to the Kentwood Activities Center, a staff member will assist.
How does it work?
- Anyone can give; anyone may take from the Little Free Pantry
- Give: canned goods, non-perishable food, personal care items
- Take: items you need – no application needed, no questions asked
- Donations may be left at the Kentwood Activities Center during normal business hours
- Donations are also accepted at collection bins located at:
- Kentwood City Hall (4900 Breton SE)
- Kentwood Public Works (5068 Breton SE)
- Kentwood Justice Center (4740 Walma SE)
- Kent District Library - Richard L. Root/Kentwood Branch
Shelf stable milk
Cereals (sugar free preferred)
Fruits (canned, no sugar added preferred)
Pasta (whole grain preferred)
Vegetables (canned, no salt added preferred)
Meats (canned, tuna and chicken preferred)
Personal Care Items
Kid friendly non-perishables
Crayons, small toys, games
Businesses and organizations may request to have a Little Free Pantry collection bin placed at their facility. To request a collection bin, click on the button below.