The Little Free Pantry began as a community service project for MLK Day in 2017. Located inside the Kentwood Activities Center (355 48th St. SE), it helps a number of Kentwood families in need.
How does it work?
- Anyone can give; anyone may take from the Little Free Pantry
- Give: canned goods, non-perishable food, personal care items
- Take: items you need – no application needed, no questions asked
- Donations may be left at the Kentwood Activities Center during normal business hours
- Donations are also accepted at collection bins located at:
- Kentwood City Hall (4900 Breton SE)
- Kentwood Public Works (5068 Breton SE)
- Kentwood Justice Center (4740 Walma SE)
- Kent District Library - Richard L. Root/Kentwood Branch
Shelf stable milk
Cereals (sugar free preferred)
Fruits (canned, no sugar added preferred)
Pasta (whole grain preferred)
Vegetables (canned, no salt added preferred)
Meats (canned, tuna and chicken preferred)
* Please be sure to check the expiration date on food items before bringing them in for donation. Thank you!
Personal Care Items
Kid friendly non-perishables
Crayons, small toys, games
Businesses and organizations may request to have a Little Free Pantry collection bin placed at their facility. To request a collection bin, click on the button below.
Give a financial donation to the Little Free Pantry by clicking on the button below.