Trick-or-Treat Hours & Halloween Safety
Trick-or-treat activities are recommended between 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018.
As residents plan to participate in Halloween activities, the Kentwood Police Department offers the following tips to encourage a safe evening:
- If you are handing out candy, turn porch lights on at 6 p.m. and off at 8 p.m.
- Accompany children during trick-or-treat visits.
- Observe activity in your neighborhood. If you notice something suspicious, call 616.698.6580.
- Make sure trick-or-treaters are visible by wearing light-colored costumes, headlamps or reflective tape.
- Keep in mind Kentwood’s curfew ordinance: Unless accompanied by a parent or responsible adult over 21, children who are under 12 years of age must be off the streets by 10 p.m., under 16-years-old by 11 p.m. and under 17-years-old by midnight.
By exercising our responsibilities as parents and good neighbors, we can help ensure that the entire community enjoys a safe and fun Halloween.