City of KENTWOOD HOLIDAY GIVING PROGRAMS
The City of Kentwood will once again host several holiday giving programs to give back to the community during the holiday season. Community members who are interested in participating are welcome to join the efforts. This year, the City will take part in four giving programs:
The Adopt-A-Child program helps support local students who are experiencing homelessness. To participate in the program:
- Select an Adopt-A-Child tag online or from one of the trees at the Kentwood Activities Center, also known as the KAC and located at 355 48th St. SE, or in the lobby of the Kent District Library - Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch, 4950 Breton Ave. SE.
- Purchase the item(s) on the tag.
- Tape the tag to the unwrapped gift and return it during business hours* to the Treasurer's Office in City Hall, 4900 Breton Ave. SE, or the KAC by Dec. 9.
- City of Kentwood team members will wrap and deliver the gifts.
*The KAC is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday. City Hall opens weekdays at 7:30 a.m. and closes Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 4:30 p.m.; Tuesdays at 6 p.m.; and Fridays at noon.
BE A SANTA TO A SENIOR
In partnership with Home Instead Senior Care, the City will host Be a Santa to a Senior. To participate:
- Grab a tag from the Senior Santa Tree at the KAC or select a virtual tag online.
- Purchase the item(s) listed on the tag.
- Wrap the gift, tape the tag to the outside and return it during business hours by Dec. 14.
HOLIDAY HAT AND MITTEN TREE
Help decorate the Holiday Hat and Mitten Tree at the KAC with new or gently used hats, scarves, mittens, coats, boots, snow pants, socks and blankets by Dec. 14. Donations will be distributed to individuals in local school systems and community organizations and can be brought in to the KAC during business hours.
KENTWOOD’S LITTLE FREE PANTRY
We’re always accepting donations for Kentwood’s Little Free Pantry. You can drop off donations during business hours at the KAC or make a financial contribution at any time. For more information, including a list of suggested donations, visit kentwood.us/LittleFreePantry.
Thank you for your generosity and continued participation in these programs. For more information, visit kentwood.us/HolidayGiving.