The City of Kentwood is an acceptance facility for US Passport applications.
- You do not need to be a resident of Kentwood to take advantage of our passport services.
- Visit www.travel.state.gov, the official US Dept. of State passport and travel website, for up-to-date information, forms, and fees.
- We do not recommend using any other site to access application forms or attempt to expedite your passport application.
Passport processing times below are effective November 6, 2023 and do not include mail time:
- Routine Service may take 7 to 10 weeks
- Expedited Service may take 3 to 5 weeks (additional fee)
Kentwood passport acceptance hours
The City of Kentwood is accepting passport applications by walk-in (no appointment necessary) at City Hall, 4900 Breton Ave SE. Applications should be fully completed and you must have two checks for payment. Applications may be found at www.travel.state.gov or can be picked up at City Hall.
Kentwood City Hall Passport processing hours:
|7:30 - 4:00||7:30 - 5:30||7:30 - 4:00||7:30 - 4:00||7:30 - 11:00|
We do not accept passport applications on Election days (the Tuesday following the first Monday in May, August & November).
We do not accept passport applications in the week prior to Elections in even-years (State & Federal elections).
Please note that cash or credit cannot be accepted for passports; payment is by check or money order.
To apply for a passport book and/or card, you must appear in person and supply all of the following:
- Application: Completed form DS-11 (for first time passport or renewal of a 5 year/minor passport)
Do not sign the form until present before the City Clerk staff
- Proof of Identity: Driver's License or other acceptable photo ID (for applicant 16 yrs+ or for parents of minor)
- Proof of Citizenship: Original certified US birth certificate with raised seal or naturalization document
- Passport photo
Photo can be processed on-site for an additional charge
- Payment: Payable to US Dept. of State & City of Kentwood
Check or money order only accepted. No cash, credit or debit cards can be accepted.
If you are renewing a 10 year passport, please complete form DS-82, US Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals. If you are able to answer "yes" to all of the questions on the form, you will send the application and payment directly to the National Passport Processing Center according to the instructions on the form. You may be eligible to renew your passport online through the www.travel.state.gov website if your passport is less than 15 years old and you have not had a name change.
For complete information about the passport application process, visit the US Department of State Passport Information page (travel.state.gov).