Welcome to the Kentwood Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
citizen online police Reporting
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1
*Otherwise please call the non-emergency number (616) 698-6580 and ask for an officer to respond to your location
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately, and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- There are no injuries.
- This incident occurred within the Kentwood City limits.
- There is no evidence to collect at the incident location and police follow up is not required.
- For traffic crashes, it occurred on private property.
If your incident meets the criteria above, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. Upon completion of this report process, you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- Using the Kentwood Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please click on "Choose Report Type" to begin): Theft, Vandalism, Threats, Harassment, Vandalism of Vehicle, Lost/Found Property, ID Theft, Private Property Traffic Crashes, and Suspicious Activity.
- If your incident is not listed above, please call the Kentwood Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 616-698-6580) to file your report. This includes assaults, roadway traffic crashes, etc.
Online Reporting FAQ
We recommend you download the package and complete the package first, then start your online report. During the process of filing your report, you will have the ability to upload documents which is where you should upload your completed Identity Theft Package.