The Parks, Trails and Recreation Advisory Committee was established on April 8, 2019 via City Commission Resolution to review improvements identified in the Parks and Recreation Business Plan, Parks Master Plan and Non-Motorized Trail Plan and recommend an implementation and sustainable funding plan to the City Commission by December 2019.
The City Commission has tasked the advisory committee with the following:
- Review and prioritize improvement items identified in the Parks and Recreation Business Plan, Parks Master Plan, and Non-Motorized Trail Plan to align with the needs of the community;
- Review and prioritize sustainable funding options to accomplish the prioritized improvements; and
- Recommend to the City Commission, by December 2019, an implementation and sustainable funding plan to improve or sustain City of Kentwood Parks, Trails, and Recreational Programming.
The Advisory Committee will be comprised of:
- The City of Kentwood’s Parks and Recreation Commission
- The City of Kentwood’s AD HOC Strategic Planning Committee
- A member of the Planning Commission
- Up to six additional Kentwood residents or business owners appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Commission