The Finance Department serves internal and external customers by managing and supporting the City's financial activities, including:
- financial reporting and forecasting
- cash management and investing
- risk management, and
- pension and debt administration.
It is the Department’s aim to:
- extend excellent and timely customer service
- provide information for decision-making to City leaders and others
- procure the best value for the City
- comply with legal and technical standards for financial & other reporting
- plan proactively to best position the City for challenges and opportunities
- help fulfill its promises to residents and employees, and
- evaluate, manage and reduce risks to the City’s financial health.
The City’s Fiscal Year begins on July 1 each year and ends the following June 30.